Space Tech Expo 2018 - Show Review
Space Tech Expo USA impressed yet again last month as 3,452 attendees from across the space industry gathered at the Pasadena Convention Center for three days of learning, networking and business. For those wishing to keep up with the fast-paced advancements in space technology and solutions, the event presented the perfect combination of engaging conference sessions, technical know-how and opportunities to build business connections.
- 3,452 attendees from 29 countries and 6 continents visited the Pasadena Convention Center over three days, proving that Space Tech Expo truly is a worldwide event.
- The 250-exhibitor strong exhibition hosted some of the biggest names in the space supply chain, including: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center, SEDS UC San Diego, Space and Missile Systems Center, BAE Systems, Phase Four and more.
- For the first time, Space Tech Expo was co-located with the JPL Small Business Opportunity Fair, adding yet another benefit for attendees.
- The fast-paced, free-to-attend Open Tech Forum was a hive of activity and offered insight into a wide spread of technologies including: machine learning, additive manufacturing, thermal management and more.
- Running alongside the exhibition, the Space Tech Conference hosted an impressive roster of speakers from Moon Express, The Planetary Society, SpaceX, Blue Origin, ESA ESTEC, Airbus Defence and Space, OffWorld and NASA to name a few.
- The exhibition hall was bustling with activity with live Product Showcases. Selected exhibitors presented their latest technology in a series of live demonstrations, drawing people in from around the hall.
- Visitors and exhibitors alike stepped up their business connections during the multiple networking receptions. The success of the receptions was reflected in the words of Al Tadros, VP Space Infrastructure & Civil Space, SSL: “It’s a great place to meet with other colleagues and customers. There are a number of people from NASA, JPL and other government agencies. Most importantly, it’s a lot of fun. We get a lot of good connections being here.”
Facts and Figures
Videos from Space Tech Expo 2018
Interview: Stephen Eisele, Vice President, Virgin Orbit
Interview: Shane Fleming, Vice President, US Operations, Rocket Lab
The Space Tech Tour
Interview: Ariane Cornell, Head of Astronaut Strategy & Sales and New Glenn Commercial Sales Director, Americas, Blue Origin
“Everyone here is passionate about what they do. You meet wonderful people, you create a good network and you come out invigorated.”
Juliette Neu, CEO & Co-Founder, Cingeto
“It’s actually very good, the amount of opportunities that you get to interact with people. I have many contacts that I didn’t have before. Personally, I would come again.”
Rigoberto Roche, Lead Engineer Machine Learning and Intelligent Algorithms, NASA
“Finally, a conference that covers space that’s actually applicable to what we do. I’ve got to meet a lot of very knowledgeable people and see some interesting new products.”
Steven Adam, Senior Engineer/Scientist, Boeing