Smarter Shows Safety Standards – Covid-19 Precautions
The health, safety and wellbeing of our exhibitors, visitors, speakers, contractors, and staff attending Space Tech Expo in Long Beach, California is our number one priority. We are collaborating with the Long Beach Convention and Events Center and our hotels (Hyatt Regency Long Beach, Renaissance Long Beach, and the Hilton Long Beach) to ensure that you have a safe stay. All these venues have stringent cleaning and health standards, and Smarter Shows is implementing all state and local authorities’ guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety.
As national and regional COVID-19 regulations and recommendations continue to change and evolve with the changing international environment, so do the rules and regulations relating to participating in our events. Therefore, please always check these regularly updated reference documents and resources below for the very latest live information.
- California Department of Public Health
- Country of Los Angeles Public Health
- The City of Long Beach
- The Hyatt and Marriott Health & Sanitation Guidelines
Currently the City of Long Beach and Los Angeles County require face masks to be worn indoors, regardless of your vaccination status.
This mandate is in line with the most recent Centers for Disease Controls and Prevention guidelines relating to face covering requirements.
Attendees must provide proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID test before entering the building.
Los Angeles Country require events to ask their attendees to provide proof of a vaccination or a negative COVID test prior to entering the facility. Attendees who can not provide acceptable proof of their vaccination or negative COVD test result will not be permitted entry into the facility or event.
Full details on acceptable proof of vaccinations and negative COVID tests can be found here - Space Tech Expo - Vaccine & Negative COVID Test Verification
Smarter Shows / Space Tech Expo will be implementing the following measures on-site:
- Mask wearing for all attendees whilst indoors; to be supplied by the individual
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venue
- Contactless badge printing terminals will be available at Registration
- On-site service desks, registration help desks and information points will be protected by screens/barriers where possible, or issued with the necessary PPE
- On-site signage and announcements to reiterate the importance of mask wearing, respecting others’ personal space and good hand hygiene
- Security checks to remind attendees to wear masks
- All food and beverages will be served/passed by catering attendants, the exception being self-service coffee and water stations
If at any time during the event you are feeling unwell, or have any of the following symptoms, please do not attend the event, and obtain a COVID test immediately.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting, or
If you have any questions about the safety measures and information provided, please reach out to your events team contact.